Audax Australia Framework for Resuming Rides
The Federal Government has a Framework for a COVIDsafe Australia that is delivered on a region by region basis. Audax Australia will align with this approach.
Each Regional Committee will manage the reintroduction of Audax rides using the guidelines below including adapting them to align with their State Regulations, laws and local circumstances:
Permanent and Calendar Rides
- Permanent Rides are allowed up to the distance permitted by each state government regulation or law. These permanent rides shall be loop or out & back rides. No overnight rides unless allowed by government regulation.
- Calendar Rides are allowed up to the distance permitted by each state government regulation or law. These Calendar rides shall be loop or out & back rides. No overnight rides unless allowed by government regulation. Maximum capacity shall align with State Regulations (example: 10 riders for Stage 1 and 20 riders for Stage 2).
Ride Organiser Guidelines
- Maintain close communication with your Regional Committee:
- before the ride should there be any changes
- after the ride to provide any lessons learned
- Confirm there is suitable support (food & drink) at each checkpoint (e.g. ring the bakery)
- Provide riders with access to hand sanitiser at the start of the ride
- Adopt staggered starts for riders to promote 10-metre distancing if necessary.
- Where multiple rides are offered in a same-day event, the rides start times shall be at least 30 min apart in order to minimise the size of pre-ride gatherings
- Maximum ride capacity shall align with State Regulations.
- Ride Organisers may disqualify Riders for blatant disregard of the health of others
- DO NOT RIDE if in the last 14 days you have been unwell or had contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19.
- Anyone with respiratory symptoms (even if mild) should be considered a potential case and must immediately self-isolate
- When riding with others, remain a minimum 10 metres apart
- When not riding, all regulatory Social Distancing and hygiene practices shall be maintained. Social distancing also applies if rendering assistance to another rider. No socialising or group meals.
- Riding with the COVIDapp installed is highly recommended
- Bringing your own hand sanitiser for use at checkpoints is highly recommended
- Self-signing the brevet card is highly recommended
YRR and Petit YRR Awards
- For YRR and Petit YRR, flexibility in the dates of 3 rides (March, April & May) is permitted. These 3 ‘flexible’ rides shall be ridden between May and 31 Oct in addition to the normal rides for June to Oct. i.e. you must still do 12 rides in a year, just up to 3 of them may be a little out regarding the date.
- Please contact the Awards Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any questions or queries relating to this.
These rules can be changed with immediate effect (Regional Committees or National Committee can make changes to align with changing State & National circumstances).
The National Committee will review these in June (at our meeting) where they may be modified as appropriate.
- 3 Step Framework For A COVIDsafe Australia
 See 3 Step Framework For A COVIDsafe Australia in References