- Calendar Coordinator is the person in the Region who organises the calendar of rides and provides guidance to Ride Organisers. In some regions, this is a designated position. In others, the function may be held by another member of the Committee.
Overall Responsibilities of RO
- Design a safe route in RWGPS with access to services or support and get it added to the online ride calendar
- Generate the online registration entry
- Check weather and route conditions before the ride
- Provide pre-ride information for riders
- Run your ride and collect brevet cards from riders
- Report any accidents, complete refunds and online RORT results and return brevet cards to your Regional Brevet Secretary as soon as possible
- Online calendar entry required by the end of August for the following season (starts 1st November)
- Generate registration entry at least 6 weeks before a ride
- Obtain brevet cards from either your regional calendar coordinator or regional brevet secretary (depends on region) in time to be filled out before a ride
- If by post, brevet cards to be returned to RO within 2 weeks of a ride otherwise a DNF is recorded
- Refunds to be completed within 3 weeks of a ride
- Results to be processed within 30 days of a ride (a requirement of our partnership agreement with ACP)
- Brevet cards to be returned to the regional brevet secretary as soon as possible after online RORT results processed
- Enjoy yourself. What you are doing is of fundamental importance to the club and you should appreciate your valuable contribution.
- Ask for help if required. Our regional calendar coordinators and brevet secretaries are a great bunch of volunteers and only too willing to help
- Don’t take on the day manual entries, all registrations must be online. Manual entries will not be processed. This is for ease of administration purposes, and for legal reasons so that the rider must acknowledge the safety recommendations and accept the Terms & Conditions on entry. Online registration can be left open until the start of a ride to allow for late entries (eg. via mobile phone) at the RO’s discretion.
- Don’t put off processing your results, it creates more work for everyone else eg. refunds must be processed by the RO within 21 days after a ride or then they have to be done by the regional treasurer.
- Don’t add BRM rides to the calendar after it has been sent to France around the end of September as they can’t be processed.