Timeline for adding Events to the Calendar
- Schedule one weekend in March or April each year for ‘The Oppy’ in all regions (timeframe: May)
- The Regional Calendar Coordinator should request submissions from Ride Organisers to next year’s Calendar (timeframe: May – June)
- Ride Organisers should propose events for next year’s Calendar (timeframe: May-August)
- Led by the Regional Calendar Coordinator, each region should review the proposed events, then work with the Ride Organisers to ensure compliance with the Calendar Guidelines and Ride Rules. Upon compliance, the event dates shall be fixed (timeframe: June – September)
- The National Calendar Coordinator should review the proposed events, then work with the regions to validate compliance with the Calendar Guidelines and Ride Rules (timeframe: July – September)
- The International Brevet Secretary submits calendar events to ACP, LRM and UAF appropriately (timeframe: September).
The following are recommendations to assist Calendar Co-ordinators, in conjunction with Ride Organisers, in developing the Audax Calendar. It is acknowledged that ride organising is voluntary hence these are a preference if possible.
- Premier Rides (PBP, GSR, SM1200 and PAP) should rotate one per year, on a 4-year cycle.
Only ‘small’ rides should be on at the same time as a premier ride
- Run ‘The Oppy’ on one weekend each year in all regions
- A Gran Turismo series should be held in one region preferably each year, or at least every 2 years
The GT series can be hosted by differing regions each time it is held
- 1000/1200 km rides should be well separated from Premier Rides and other 1000/1200 rides.
- Larger regions (Qld, NSW & Vic) should consider a minimum of one 1000/1200 ride per annum.
- Smaller regions (ACT, Tas, SA & WA) should consider a minimum of one 1000/1200 ride every two years.
- Each Region should put on a Super Randonneur series (200, 300, 400 and 600 BRMs) each year.
- Larger regions (Qld, NSW & Vic) should consider two Super Randonneur series per annum.
- Each Region should put on a Nouveau Gravel series (50, 100 and 150 BGs) each year.
- Each Region should put on a Nouveau series (50, 100 and 150 BAs) each year.
- Each Region should put on some 50 – 100 km social rides each year.
These rides are where the end of the ride is just as important as the ride (finish at a restaurant, hold a BBQ, or other)
- Each Region should have social events each year (Social Evening, ROs Dinner, Christmas BBQ are some examples)
To contribute to this page please contact Ride Services